FN 509 TACTICAL BLACK 9MM PISTOL
The FN 509 Tactical Black 9mm, an extension of the FN 509 family. The pistol is based on FN’s submission pistol that the U.S. Army tested for its Modular Handgun Trials, but includes the significant improvements to the design that were implemented in the FN 509. The pistol features the company’s U.S Patent No. 10/352,654 Low-Profile Optics Mounting System™ that enables the platform to accept more than ten commercially-available miniature red dot (MRD) optics that co-witness with the suppressor-height night sights and remain adaptable to future optics releases with no requirement of direct milling of the slide. The slide cap, for use when not shooting with an optic, has raised sight wings that protect iron sight alignment if the pistol is dropped or jostled, and provides a textured ramp for racking the slide against a belt loop, pant pocket or boot. An FN-signature 4.5-inch, cold hammer-forged, stainless-steel barrel with target crown, ½” x 28 threads that accept the bulk of 9mm suppressors available and thread cap with integrated O-ring to prevent loosening during use complete the top end. Lastly, the 24-round magazines, nearly identical in length to the pistol’s slide, maximize ammunition capacity without impacting carry convenience.
- FN Low Profile Optics Mounting System with plate adapters for direct mounting of more than 10 optics.
- Suppressor Height Trijicon 3-Dot Green Tritium Night Sights.
- Sight Protecting Slide Cap.
- External extractor; loaded chamber indicator.
- Cold hammer-forged 4.5″ stainless steel barrel, 1/2” x 28 threaded, with O-Ring retention thread cap.
- Recessed target crown, polished chamber and feed ramp.
- Enhanced grip textures which enable faster follow-up shots in all conditions.
- Two interchangeable backstraps.
- MIL-STD-1913 accessory mounting rail.
- Improved flatter face trigger.
- Fully ambidextrous slide stop lever and magazine release.
- Comes with one 17-round and one 24-round magazine.